on this occasion I will convey some information about Reviews on OpenVPN Connect – Fast & Safe SSL VPN Client OpenVPN is an open source technology developed in 2002 by renowned programmer James Yonan. The OpenVPN protocol was developed to strengthen site-to-site and point to the primary connection for business users connecting to corporate networks from remote locations. OpenVPN is designed with a “custom” data security protocol that uses cryptographic/TLS/SSL encryption to secure online communications and data transfers.
Security on Open VPN connect
OpenVPN ranks among the most secure & powerful tunneling protocols for the security it provides for authentication using pre-shared keys, username & password, and authentication certificates. Depending on the importance of the OpenVPN connection, the technology may use a mix of the three to authenticate the user so that it is completely secure. To turn on its own encryption, OpenVPN developers programmed the protocol to use the C language-based OpenSSL (mod of SSL/TLS) encryption library.
What is Open VPN Connect
OpenVPN Connect is the official VPN app for Android developed by OpenVPN, Inc. It is a universal client serving the OpenVPN product range:
- Private Tunnel – hosted products for individuals
- Access Server – server solution for business
- OpenVPN Compatible Server – solution for self-hosted servers
Most of the commercial VPNs on the market actually use OpenVPN as the core protocol of their service. OpenVPN Connect is the only VPN client created, developed and maintained by OpenVPN Inc itself!
Whether you want to set up a VPN for a large office, protect your home Wi-Fi, connect via public internet hotspots, unblock geo-restricted sites via a proxy, or use your mobile device on the road, OpenVPN Connect uses cutting-edge technology to ensure privacy and security.
OpenVPN Connect works seamlessly on all devices, no matter your organizational complexity or bandwidth.
Connect your world safely! For Private Tunnels, we offer a 7-day free trial for all new accounts!
Reviews on OpenVPN Connect – Fast & Safe SSL VPN Client
Why Choose OpenVPN
- Most Trusted VPN on the Market
The only official VPN client created and maintained by OpenVPN Inc., used by more than 50 million individuals and businesses worldwide
Top enterprise-grade traffic encryption to keep your Internet access fast, safe and secure, and block online threats when connecting via Wi-Fi and hotspots
- Easy Network Remote Access
Easily set up and configure remote access for your organization to ensure complete security and privacy when accessing resources from home or on the go
- Private Connection from anywhere
Connect to our VPN servers worldwide and keep your IP address anonymous.
- Unlimited Data, No Ads
OpenVPN Connect has no ads, ever. No throttling, ensures fast connection with unlimited bandwidth for all accounts
We offer 24/7 email support, live web chat support and ticketing support to resolve any questions you may have in the shortest possible time
Private Tunnel comes with a free 7-day free trial with no obligation to purchase – just register and start enjoying private and secure Internet access for free
How to Use Open VPN Connect
You will need an existing OpenVPN Compatible Server, Access Server, or Private Tunnel subscription, depending on the service you want to use:
- You are an individual subscriber Click on “Private Tunnel”. Enter your credentials. If you don’t have a subscription yet, sign up for a 7 day free trial!
- Your administrator gave you a hostname & username/password Click “Access Server”. Enter your hostname as well as username and password and enjoy full connection security!
- Your administrator gave you an ovpn profile Click on “OVPN Profile”. Import ovpn files and enjoy full connection security!
Features Features of Open VPN
- Create encrypted VPN tunnels with top enterprise grade encryption ciphers. Data sent through the tunnel is 100% secure
- Connect to your office network resources from anywhere, configure and manage access rules and connection properties in your office
- Encrypts traffic over public Wi-Fi and hotspots, protecting connections against hackers and sniffers
- Unblock geo-restricted websites via vpn – connect to one of our worldwide vpn servers and maintain complete anonymity
What is Open VPN
OpenVPN Inc. is an industry leader in SSL VPN technology and a trusted name in cyber security. Our award-winning open source VPN protocol has emerged to establish itself as the de-facto standard in the open source networking space. OpenVPN has been protecting identity and data while providing anonymity to internet users for over 15 years, allowing both individuals and organizations to establish and manage fast and secure VPN connections.
Also read: Important Reasons to Use a VPN on Android
Updates from Open VPN
Changes from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2:
- Migration fix
- Basic authentication authentication
- OnePlus-only device repair
- Added ‘don’t show again’ option to disconnect modal
- Open the last used app
- Sorting profile
- Changes from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1:
- fix for PT login for blocking
- add Share button on log screen
- 2FA fix
- fix label for OnePlus devices
- changed the PT sub expired error message
- tcp fix connection
- tls handshake fix
- Additional option to not save passphrase / vpn password
Additional Information About OpenVPN
- Updated : February 23, 2018
- Installation : 10,000,000 – 50,000,000
- Current Version : 3.0.2
- Requires Android version : 4.1 and up
- Content Rating : Rating 3+
- Offered By : OpenVPN
Also read: The best VPN apps for Android