The Meaning and Purpose of the Proclamation of Indonesian Independence – Every 17th of August is always celebrated as Independence Day. On that date is a form of commemoration of Indonesian citizens when they gained independence on August 17, 1945. In addition, it is also to commemorate the efforts of national warriors in liberating Indonesia. The proclamation of Indonesian independence was based on urgent and critical conditions without leaving deep meaning and legality. The meaning of the proclamation of Indonesian independence is stated in the purpose of the proclamation of Indonesian independence for the prosperity and welfare of its people.
The preparation of the text of the proclamation only consists of two paragraphs because it is brief. The meaning contained in the text describes the sharpness and advantages of the flow of the scriptwriters at that time. Well, on this occasion I will explain in detail about the meaning of the proclamation of Indonesian independence and the purpose of the proclamation of Indonesian independence. For more details you can see below.
The Meaning and Purpose of the Proclamation of Indonesian Independence
The text of the proclamation of Indonesian independence consists of two paragraphs. The first paragraph reads, “We, the Indonesian people, hereby declare the independence of Indonesia”. The first paragraph proves that the proclamation of Indonesian independence was announced and declared to all countries in the world. Then for the second paragraph it reads, “Things concerning the transfer of power and others are carried out in a careful manner and in the shortest possible time”. This paragraph means that the transfer of government power is carried out with great care and calculation so that it does not result in great bloodshed. The meaning of the proclamation of Indonesian independence and the purpose of the proclamation of Indonesian independence had been carefully thought out when writing the text.
Below is the meaning of the proclamation of Indonesian independence that we need to understand, namely:
- The period is over by the colonialists in colonizing the Indonesian people.
- Building a new state and life from the shackles of other countries and free from colonialism so as to form a just, prosperous, independent, sovereign and united Indonesian society.
- The formation of a source of national order rules, namely replacing colonial rules into national rules.
- To give the authority and signal to the Indonesian nation in creating conditions for a prosperous society and having independent power in managing its economic resources.
- Provide opportunities for Indonesian people to be able to live intelligently and independently without abandoning their high cultural values.
- Giving authority to the Indonesian people to be able to defend and maintain their independence from various forms of colonialism.
- As a tool of international regulations, the Indonesian state in carrying out cooperation with other countries.
In addition to the meaning of the proclamation of Indonesian independence above. There are also objectives of the proclamation of Indonesian independence which include:
- To liberate the Indonesian nation from colonial rule by other nations.
- In order to be able to have an equal life with the other nations concerned.
- In order to be able to improve the standard of living on an equal footing with the other nations concerned.
- In order to be able to increase the level of intelligence that is equal to the other nations concerned.
- Develop all potentials in the country to catch up with other countries.
- To achieve national goals for the Indonesian people.
The meaning of the proclamation of Indonesian independence and the purpose of the proclamation of Indonesian independence to form the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia (NKRI). Indonesia is a unitary state. Based on Article 1 paragraph 1 of the 1945 Constitution states that, “The State of Indonesia is a unitary state in the form of a republic”. The founding fathers prioritized the realization of the unity and integrity of the Indonesian nation. In fact, they also inherited the values of independence as stated in Pancasila and the 1945 Constitution.
We as the color of a good country must defend the Indonesian state from all forms of threats. We also have to implement various ways to educate and improve the life of the nation. All countries in the world have hope in educating and prospering their people. This is because a prosperous society will bring good effects in various areas of life. If the people are smart, the Indonesian nation will be more advanced. The state was formed with the aim of being the basis for carrying out cooperation with other countries on the basis of the values of social justice and world peace. It is also the basis for realizing the meaning of the proclamation of Indonesian independence and the purpose of the proclamation of Indonesian independence.