Recipes, Ingredients, How to Make Cireng Snow Spice Rujak_Cireng is an abbreviation of fried aci. There are many variations of cireng recipes available today, one of which is the snow cireng recipe with salad dressing. This roadside snack made from fried aci flour has a distinctive texture and can be dipped in rujak seasoning for a more delicious sensation. For the name cireng snow itself comes from the outside appearance and texture when bitten. From the outside the appearance is not too different but you will feel the difference when bitten. This is what makes it called cireng snow, crunchy on the outside, but soft on the inside.
This typical Bandung snack can already be found in various regions, although of course not as much as in the area of origin. To enjoy this snack you can make your own. With this cireng snow recipe, this rujak seasoning will help you satisfy the desire to enjoy it.
A. Ingredients for Making Snow Cireng
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, try thick coconut milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered broth
- 250 grams tapioca flour
- Spring onions, thinly sliced
Rujak Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon tamarind
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 5 pieces of cayenne pepper, can be added for a spicier sensation
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 80 grams of brown sugar
- 1 sheet of lime leaf
B. How to make a snow chimney
1. The first step for the cireng snow salad recipe is to mix thick coconut milk with the prepared cooking oil. Mix well.
2. Pour the water, then stir again until evenly distributed.
3. Transfer the mixture to a Teflon or frying pan while adding the chopped garlic, powdered stock, salt, 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour and stir again evenly.
4. Cook the starter mixture over low heat until thickened.
5. When it has thickened, remove and mix with the rest of the previous tapioca flour.
6. Add the chopped scallions, mix well with a spoon.
7. When it feels warm enough, continue to stir by hand until evenly distributed.
8. The dough for starters is ready to be shaped according to the wishes or shapes as in general. (In this process the dough can be stored in the freezer, if it will be fried another day)
9. Next, fry the cireng with oil that has been heated over medium heat. Back and forth so that the cireng doesn’t burn.
10. Remove the cireng when it is evenly cooked and can be enjoyed with rujak spices.
How to Make Rujak Seasoning
1. The recipe for cireng rujak seasoning is incomplete without the rujak seasoning. The first step is to mix tamarind with warm water, set aside.
2. Puree the garlic, lime leaves, cayenne pepper, and salt with a pestle.
3. Then add brown sugar, knead again until smooth.
4. If it is smooth, enter the tamarind water before, don’t forget to separate it from the tamarind seeds. Stir until evenly distributed.
The cireng has been fried, the rujak seasoning is ready to serve. It’s time for you to enjoy cireng snow with a dip of rujak seasoning which has a delicious and slightly spicy sensation. This cireng salad recipe is perfect for those of you who want to eat a snack while enjoying the sunset in the afternoon with a warm drink.