This second blog tutorial is a continuation of the first blog tutorial. In this second blog tutorial, I will discuss designing the theme or appearance of the blog.
To set the appearance of the blog, I categorize it into two, namely:
- Designing Views with Google’s Built-in Themes
- Designing Views with Imported Cool Premium Themes / Templates
Before continuing with the second blog tutorial, make sure you already know the menu functions on blogger, you can learn the menu functions in the first part of the blog tutorial.
Tutorial on Creating a Blog with Blogger [Bagian 2] – Designing a Blog Theme or Display
1. Designing a Theme with Google Default Themes
The steps for designing a template are as follows:
- Login to blogger.com using the Gmail you used to register for blogger
- Click menu Theme, choose one of the themes you want
Theme list view – Tutorial on Creating a Blog with Blogger.com
- After my friend clicks, a preview of the selected blog appears
- Click button apply, To apply the theme to the blog that you created
For further display settings, you can select the button Customize. After that display will appear Blogger Theme Designer like the picture below
Blogger Theme Settings – Tutorial on Creating a Blog with Blogger
There are five settings menus at the top left appearance Blogger Theme Designer, that is Theme, Background Behind, Adjust Width, Layout and Advanced.
Menu Blogger Theme Designer
The function of each menu is:
On the menu Theme, you can choose or change the theme you want. To choose it, my friend, just click the desired theme and then see the results in the preview display it brings.
Blogger Template Settings – Blog Tutorial with Blogger
Menu Background serves to set the background on the blog that my friend made. How to set it click menu Background, then click on the photo in the Wallpaper, then please select an image based on the categories that are already available, click the selected photo, then click the button Finished. For details, see the image below.
Setting the background of a blog on Blogger – Tutorial on Creating a Blog with Blogger
c. Adjust Width
In this menu, my friend can determine the width of the blog display. The trick is to click the menu Adjust Width, while viewing the changes in the preview, drag the white square to adjust its width. To undo all the changes you made, click the text Reset width to theme default.
Setting Blog Page Width – Blog Tutorial with Blogger
In this menu, you can choose the layout of the blog that you created. Buddy can adjust the location of the sidebar (next row) or remove the sidebar. Click menu Layout to set it then select the type of layout you want.
In this menu, there are more display settings that you can set. Among them are setting the color and type of font on the content, blog titles, article titles, and so on. Please, my friend, explore according to your wishes.
Blog Display Advanced Settings – Tutorial on Creating a Blog with Blogger
To save all the settings that you set, make sure you have clicked the button Apply to Blog on the top left side. And if you want to cancel the settings that you set, just click the Delete Changes or Reset text.
2. Design Views with Cool Imported Premium Themes / Templates
You can enter or import premium themes/templates into your blog. The advantage of premium themes is that you don’t have to bother with adjusting the appearance and just paste the theme into your blog. There are several sites that sell premium themes, but I recommend the template made by Mas Sugeng. because it has several advantages, namely:
- SEO Friendly Your blog will get a good ranking in search engines. Like the blog that my friend is reading, some of the articles that I make are oddly ranked first in search engines.
- Mobile Friendly – The display on the cellphone is more comfortable. You need to consider this, because currently more people access the internet via cellphones than laptops/PCs.
- Fast Loading – Loads fast, doesn’t work (Old Loading)
- Cool Design – To attract visitors, quality content is still not enough, but it is also necessary to create a cool design.
You can visit the site by clicking here or click the image below to download / choose a theme that suits your wishes.
How to apply template
If you want a blog that is the result of your own ideas and creations, you can skip this method to move on to other blog tutorials.
The steps to apply the template that you have are:
- Extract the downloaded file
- On the Blogger Dashboard, click the menu Theme then click button Backup / Restore
Picture of the steps to import the theme file
- After clicking the button Backup / Show, then a window will appear Backup / Show As follows. Click button Select File, then find the location to save the extracted template, then click the template file, then click the open button.
Choosing a Theme File -Tutorial Create a blog with Blogger
- After you have selected, please click the button Upload to apply the theme to the blog that you have. To see the results, please click close and then click the link View Blog on the top left under the name of your blog.
This is the second part of the tutorial on creating a blog with Blogger, which is how to design a theme or blog appearance. Hope it is useful.