Previously I have discussed about the types of mice and their functions, this time I will discuss the definition of mice and their functions.
Mouse is an input hardware that is connected to a computer either by wire (cable) or wirelessly (without cables). This device is called a mouse because this device is shaped like a mouse. Not only that, the cable connected to the mouse is also like a mouse’s tail.
In the current era, the mouse hardware has been replaced by a touchpad which takes over all the functions of the mouse device which can already be done by the touchpad, but most computer users still choose the mouse as the mover of the cursor.
Furthermore, for the mouse function, there are several functions, including:
- Input commands for computers where the mouse works by sliding the mouse over a flat data surface.
- Used as a pointer mover to determine the cursor to a particular monitor screen.
- Used for several activities such as: double click (open file), click hold and drag, click (select items), drag drop (move items) and right click (show command menu options.
- Used to scroll on the screen using the scroll wheel on the mouse.
- Detects some 2D motion relative to its current position.
- Make our work lighter, easier and faster. especially for those of us who have activities such as photo editing and others.
- Used to Zoom in and out of a worksheet.
- Activate the command button and perform a certain execution on the application
- Used to perform commands that do not provide a shortcut menu, the right button on the mouse when clicked twice serves as the enter button on the command execution
- Mouse is also used as setting & magnification of an object tampilan
- The mouse is also used to carry out instructions and conversions to electronic signals that can be understood by the computer system
Thus the article about Understanding the Mouse and its Functions, hopefully it can be helpful and useful for your learning. Thank you.