Recipes, Ingredients, and How to Make Urab/Urap Vegetable_Vegetable urap is a food that is often served with a cone, the recipe for vegetable urap itself is quite simple to make at home. The side dish seems as if without its presence it can’t make the tumpeng look tempting to eat. Because the ingredients themselves consist of vegetables, it is not surprising that this food is full of nutrients.
With simple ingredients and often found in the market, making vegetable urap is in great demand by Indonesians, apart from its delicious taste with the presence of spicy grated coconut on top. It’s also very easy to make your own.
The ingredients needed are various types of fresh vegetables. Consists of bean sprouts, carrots, cabbage, long beans, chayote, and kale. These materials are usually boiled first. With the spices that need to be prepared, namely young coconut and ground spices, we will explain in detail in the following vegetable urap recipe.
A. Materials Required
Urap Vegetables are commonly referred to by Indonesians as the indigenous people’s salad. Because it tastes savory and a little spicy, it becomes a distinctive taste in Indonesian food. Making this dish yourself at home and served with rice is certainly no less delicious. The following ingredients are needed in the vegetable urap recipe:
- 100 gr long beans
- 100 gr bean sprouts
- 100 gr cabbage
- 250 gr kale
- 1 carrot
- 1 chayote
- 250 gr young coconut
Meanwhile, to make the spices, you can prepare the following ingredients:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 cloves of red onion
- 6 large red chilies
- 1 cm kencur
- 1 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of oil
B. How to Make Vegetable Urap
After the ingredients above are prepared, then you can start to cook the ingredients in a saucepan until it boils. The taste produced in the vegetable urap is delicious, savory, and has a slight spiciness. For more details, here’s how to cook vegetable urap:
1. Boil all vegetables except bean sprouts using boiling water. Once it starts to wilt, remove and drain the vegetables.
2. The ingredients for the spices are mashed / blended.
3. Coconut that has been mashed then roasted briefly in the pan. Then put the spices that have been mashed into the coconut.
4. Soak the sprouts in hot water for about 10 seconds. Then drain.
5. After the mixture of ground spices with coconut begins to ripen, then you can mix the vegetables into a pan containing coconut seasoning.
6. Stir briefly until the spices and vegetables are evenly distributed, then remove and serve.
Urap vegetables that have been so can be served with rice, or can be eaten directly for a meal of vegetable dishes. Because these foods have fiber, vitamins, and minerals to be able to be intake for the body every day. With the vegetable urap recipe, you can easily make these dishes to be used as daily meals.